Andrew is currently the Assistant Commissioner, Small Business Experience. In this role he is responsible for:
• Understanding how small businesses engage with the tax and super systems
• Collaborating with small businesses, industry groups and government agencies to shape the client experience and drive improved digital services
• Helping small businesses manage cash-flow so sustainable and viable businesses can thrive, and
• Advocating for small businesses within the ATO.
He has over 25 years of experience in the Australian Taxation Office.
In that time he has held a number of key leadership positions in the ATO with a focus in recent years on leading technology change. This has included:
– Transitioning tax and BAS agents to the new ATO Online Services
– Collaborating with software developers to successfully move tax agents from the Electronic Lodgment Service to the new Practitioner Lodgment System
– The ATO’s contribution to the government’s regulation reform agenda
– Leading the ATO’s work to detect and stop refund fraud
– Working with third parties to improve the amount and timeliness of prefill information, and
– Leading client engagement activity on treatment of employee share schemes and the subsequent introduction of the improved reporting of these.
Andrew holds a Bachelor of Economics from the University of Adelaide and a Masters of Business Administration (Public Sector Management) from Charles Sturt University.
You can connect with Andrew on LinkedIn