Despite the many challenges in the global arena – shifting borders, unstable laws and regulations, foreign exchange problems, IP pirating, to name a few – To truly expand, SMEs cannot remain in the relative safety of their domestic market.
SMEs facing the challenge of expanding across borders need to be armed with robust expertise and drive that allows for a smooth transition to international market expectations.
- Free Trade Agreements – Unlocking Global Market Opportunities for Small Business – Speaker: Bing Liu, Senior China Adviser – Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade)
- Critical Steps for a China Market Entry
- Leveraging Technology as Your Business Grows in a Global Market Place – Speakers: Justin Hall – Affiliate & Partnership Manager; Adam Curtis – Product and Program Manager, APAC’ Sam Fitzpatrick – Head of Corporate Sales and Coverage, Australia – Western Union Business Solutions; Alex Gouramanis – Head of SME Sales and Coverage, Australia at Western Union Business Solutions
“This panel discussion focuses on challenges for SMEs and how they can leverage technology in a global market. The panel will discuss the challenge of a growing marketplace and how technology can assist in meeting these challenges through:
– Visibility, certainty and efficiency over your international transactions
– Connecting B2B suppliers and clients
– Using technology to improve your cash management forecast“
- An innovation in Supply Chain Management for Goods imported from China – Speaker: Sam Wang, Director – Trade Touch Supply Chain Management and 2Star International
“The costs of building and managing a business supply chain from China can be very challenging to many SME’s. Trade Touch and 2Star have developed a new supply chain solution between China and Australia, allowing businesses to both free up cash flow and minimise time spent moving stock. This gives your business the ability to concentrate on the more important departments of sales and marketing. Even if your business is processing stock perfectly, this solution allows further benefits to your existing supply-chain, with very little change required.”
- Exporting – Opening Your Business to Global Markets – Speaker: Leela Hanson Director Business Development, SME – EFIC
“Why export? Where are the opportunities for SME companies looking to export – by channel, market and sector. Leela will also share some insights on the challenges of exporting as well as addressing the importance of export finance and why you need to know what your options are before you go overseas”